I. General Information
- Responsible Body & Data Protection Officer
- Legal Basis
Below we explain which personal data are collected and processed by us when using our services and offers.
1. Responsible Person
Dr. Markus Wessel Rechtsanwalt Katharinenstr. 8 DE - 10711 Berlin Phone: +49-30 – 985 12 411 Email: mw@ra-dr-Wessel.de
We do not have a Data Protection Officer as we do not emply more than 9 persons responoble for handling your personal data.
Personal data are defined as individual details about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person, this means all information that relates to a person.
2. Legal Basis
- Consent according to Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Consent is any voluntary expression of intent, in an informed and unequivocal manner, in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act, which indicates that the data subject consents to the processing of his personal data.
- Necessity to fulfill the contract or carry out preparatory actions in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR, this means that the data is required so that we can fulfill the contractual obligations to you or we need the data to prepare a contract closure with you.
- Processing to fulfill legal obligations under Article 6 para. 1 (c) GDPR, this means that a processing of the data is required by law or other regulations.
- Processing for the protection of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR, this means that processing is necessary to safeguard legitimate interests on our part or by third parties, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms on your part that require the protection of personal data prevail.
3.Rights of affected
You are entitled to the following rights with regard to the processing of data by us in accordance with the respectively listed articles of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Right of access by the data subject to Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to object according to Art. 21 GDPR
Notwithstanding any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, employment or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of the personal data is violating the GDPR.
4. Data Erasure and Storage Duration
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is deleted. In addition, storage may take place if provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the processor is subject. Blocking or deletion of the data also takes place if a storage period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for conclusion of a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
II. Actual data processing
1.Visiting the Website
Scope of Data Collection When visiting our website, the following data is collected and stored by our web server:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- The operating system of the user
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites accessed by the user's system through our website
The data is stored in the log files of our hosting provider. The IP address is anonymized by replacing the last three digits of the IP
address by a random number between 1 and 255 (e.g. XXX.XX.XX.255).
b.Legal basis The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. The legal basis for the data processing by our hosting and maintenance service provider is Art. 28 para 3 GDPR. The legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR therefore lies in the functionality of our website and its availability.
c.Purpose of data processing The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow delivery of the website to the computer of the user. To do this, the user's IP address must be kept for the duration of the session. The data is stored in order to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
d.Duration of storage The logfiles will be deleted after seven days at the latest, unless there is a need to keep the data for the aforementioned purpose due to specific events.
e.Objection and removal possibility The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the operation of the website. There is consequently no possibility of objection by the user.
5. No contact form and no newsletter provided.
Berlin, den 06.03.2020 Dr. Markus Wessel Rechtsanwalt
English Speaking Lawyer in Berlin Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf - Rechtsanwalt Dr. Markus Wessel:
(030) 985 12 411